Energetic, articulate, and poised award-winner offering a high level of ambition to accelerate in chosen career. Well versed in such prominent social networks and online promotional vehicles as Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook to easily reach target audiences worldwide while attracting a loyal client following. Easily build rapport and make interviewees feel comfortable as they convey sensitive and emotionally-charged subject matter. Known for remaining calm and composed - even in the face of pressure-sensitive and high-volume work environments - when interacting with reporters, newscast directors, and other professionals.
Adept at resolving difficult situations with tact and diplomacy; talented at quickly adapting to the unexpected. Able to communicate complex ideas in clear language. Advanced PDX-10 camera user with extra knowledge of HD camera functionality. Top-echelon user of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with additional software savvy in Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, HTML, ProTools, CSS, and AP ENPS. A hard worker who strives to do the very best job possible.
AREAS OF STUDY
- Cultural Aspects of Mass Media
- News Media Ethics
- On-Air & Radio Reporting
- Mass Media / Communications Law
- Audio / Video Editing
- News Anchoring
- Equipment Set-Up
- Video Shoots
- Script Writing & Press Release Creation
- Writing, Blogging, Editing, & Proofreading
- Interviewing & Fact-Finding
- Sound Board Operation During Live Newscasts
- Social Networking
- Broadcast Rundown & Story Order
- Web Production
THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UNIVERSITY PARK (PA) - FALL 2005 - SPRING 2009
B.A. IN JOURNALISM (FOCUS ON BROADCASTING) - COLLEGE OF COMMUNICATIONS
B.A. IN ENGLISH - COLLEGE OF LIBERAL ARTS
* Held a place on the Dean's List during entire academic career while maintaining an overall G.P.A. of 3.7
* Succeeded former Music Director in Fall 2006 and held this role for 3 years total; collaborated with President to lift performance attendance at least 15% by optimizing members' vocal talents
* On own initiative, stepped into the Webmaster role from Fall 2006 to Spring 2009; totally revamped the school's web-site to permit live blogging capabilities and upload pictures in record time
* Cultivated stage presence during tenure at Penn State Thespians as Member / Performer; also redesigned the Penn State Thespians web-site to incorporate relevant and up-to-date material
* Uncovered a pertinent blog authored by a reporter at the Guardian - a long-running U.K. newspaper and convinced them of the feasibility in running one of the Station's videos on their science blogs. As a result, dramatically catapulted blog traffic by attracting 2,000 views in just 1 week; also tapped into the potentially-lucrative aspects of partnering with newspapers to deliver vital messages worldwide (WPSU Public Broadcasting)
* Volunteered at the annual THON broadcast 2 years in a row; reported in the booth and on the floor for the last 4 hours of the broadcast covering the world's largest student philanthropic effort which raises money for pediatric cancer research (Penn State ComRadio Newscast)
* Selected by General Manager to train and orient new employees to help alleviate the workload of other established staff members (Seasons Pizza)
* In under 3 months, helped to raise over $2,000 for a very worthy cause (Lion Line)
* Won a Hearst Foundation Journalism Award, having placed 6th nationwide for self-authored story on President Obama's inauguration in January 2009 (Centre County Report)
COMTEX NEWS NETWORK, NEW YORK, NY - PRODUCTION INTERN - JAN. 2011 - Present
Selected to be a part of a continually growing online news media outlet in production of web based video content. Responsible for switching and keying during shooting as well as editing and uploading news video to the web.
WJBR-FM RADIO (99.5), WILMINGTON, DE - PROMOTIONS TEAM MEMBER - APR. 2010 - DEC. 2010
Sought out by Station's V.P. of Operations and established Morning Show personality to join the 8-person promotions team in representing the station at grand openings, live remotes, and prominent local events.
WPSU PUBLIC BROADCASTING, STATE COLLEGE (PA) - ONLINE PROMOTIONS INTERN - SUMMER 2009
Selected from a group of highly-competitive candidates to join this combination FM radio station / TV outlet; located eligible target audience members to spark interest in station's varied offerings.
CENTRE COUNTY REPORT, CENTRE COUNTY (PA) - REPORTER & PRODUCER - SPRING 2009
Originally hired as a Reporter and took on the added role of Producer after just 1 month. Collaborated with director to produce live newscasts that took place once per week.
PENN STATE COMRADIO NEWSCAST, UNIVERSITY PARK (PA) - ANCHOR & COPY WRITER - FALL 2007 - FALL 2008
After only 1 semester, assumed the extra role of Producer, charged with assigning stories to a 5-person reporting team based on newsworthiness.
Seasons Pizza, Wilmington (DE) - Server - Summer 2008 / Aug. 2009 - Dec. 2010
Lion Line, State College (PA) - Fund-Raising Caller - Summer 2009
Maron Marvel, Wilmington (DE) - I.T. Team Member - Summer 2007
Happy Harry's Pharmacy, Wilmington (DE) - Cashier / Shelf Stocker - Summer 2006