2D / 3D Graphic Design Artist
My name is Edward M. Corpus, a graphic design artist based in Capitola and Seaside, California. I believe that enjoying the privilege of working as an associate or junior designer for your firm, I can contribute skills of benefit to you and your clients.
Please visit my online portfolio and resume at http://emcanimator.blogspot.com/. I am confident that consistent and steady professional work under your qualified creative staff would see rapid further development in my technical facility and stylistic breadth.
I am a graduate of the School of Information Technology & Communication Design, the computer design degree program at California State University Monterey Bay. My emphasis there was digital animation, and I aim to advance in a long career as a 2D / 3D artist.
"Multiforme: A Dramatic Animation About Brain Cancer" -- my recent 2D/3D hybrid animation -- is a year-long solo endeavor which demonstrates my ability to take ownership of projects from their earliest ideation, writing and conceptual art stages, to their final detailed presentations. I have the flexibility to handle multiple stages of the production pipeline, and the software applications required at each stage.
My strong, cinematic sense in motion art is grounded in traditional painting, figure drawing, composition and color theory. Whether working with graphite pencils, Photoshop or Maya, I am equally comfortable in 2D / 3D digital design applications.
Thank you in advance for kindly considering me for artist positions on your staff. I look forward to the opportunity to expand on my creative, organizational and problem-solving skills and work ethic at the interview level.
Areas of Expertise:
• Concept ideation, superior written and verbal communication
• Excellent drawing skills using traditional graphic media, as well as digital tools e.g., Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Corel Painter
• Environment modeling, using Autodesk Maya
• Character modeling, using Quidam 3 Studio
• Character / environment animation
• Texture and shader creation and surfacing, using photography and Adobe Photoshop
• 2D Compositing, SFX and Titles, using Adobe After Effects
I have been in the industry since 2011.