Todd Gessele was PMP certified in 2007. He has been instrumental in effecting major organizational leadership changes, securing 5.4+ million dollars worth of funding to train leaders and develop strategic cross-cultural training tools in 40 languages. He brought new technology to market in just nine months as CEO of Arturo Art System. Todd has worked as a strategic "not-for-profit" organizational change agent, program manager, technical team leader for media productions/international event coverage of live events, contract negotiator, venue designer, a corporate communicator, executive television producer/director, consultant and visionary IT project leader during the first 20 years of his career. He has been an innovative leader, social media pioneer, talented illustrator, photojournalist (27 countries), interviewer, product marketer, and effective promoter of religious healthcare (Adventist Health & Loma Linda University Medical Center—Murrieta) and education (k-university) systems. He's a road warrior in the NW territory of the US: Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana.
Director of New Outreach Media—North Pacific Union; Ridgefield, Wash., 2004-Present
• Program/Project management—Worked with engineers to assemble the first 6 camera HD flight packable production unit in the Northwest for under $300K. Increased quality to HD and slashed production costs from $150K per event to $13K and my crew delivered on-time, overtime!
• Specialized in change management and cross-organizational efforts.
• Prepared corporate financial and mission reports for stakeholders
• Managed between 12-25 contractors and volunteers as executive director/producer and event planner for 12 made for TV series in 4 languages that aired on the Hope Channel, Novo Tempo, La Esperanza and DirectTV in the Philippines, the US, Brazil, Dominican Republic, and Bolivia.
• Worked as an illustrator/ copyright expert for Voice of Prophecy’s Net 2003 “live-by-satellite” broadcasts in the US & Africa.
• Trained and mentored students, and lectured at Montemoralos University in Mexico, and in Mwanza, Tanzania, Africa. Supervised all aspects of crew and volunteers, plus marketed and planned the distribution of the content.
• Pioneered using video stories to secure grants. Raised $200K for Alaskan summer camps and $150K for Arctic Suicide Prevention programs. A $103K grant for aid to Arctic villages in Alaska that was approved for funding in Feb. 2011.
• Program/Project management—Worked with engineers to assemble the first 6 camera HD flight packable production unit in the Northwest.
• Shared my vision to establish mini-media centers across African with top executives at the Hope Channel. The result: nine media centers were started across in Africa in 2003.
• Twice nominated for the National Academy of Television Arts and Science’s Emmy award.
Contract Project Producer—Adventist Health Portland Medical Center: Marketing Department: Summer 2010-Current
• Physician Awards, Department Awareness Marketing, Crisis Communication Assistance.
CEO/Business Strategist—Arturo Art Systems; Stockholm, Sweden, Jan.-Oct. 2010
• Helped an inventor startup his sole proprietorship and bring his new widget to market.
Contract Media Producer/Consultant to CEO—Loma Linda University Medical Center—Murrieta; Summer 2010
• Interviewed city officials for CEO’s board presentation that successfully launched the “due diligence” process on plans to build a new LLUMC medical center in Temecula, California.
Charity Evaluator—Quiet Hour Ministries; Redlands, California, August-Sept. 2010
• Todd presented a new 5 year strategic marketing and operation expansion plan that was adopted and implemented.
Associate Communication Director—North Pacific Union; Portland, Oregon, 1999-2002
• Successfully launched & developed a 5 million dollar project, the “New Beginnings” DVD series. Served as lead photographer and creative director for the project & board member for It Is Written’s Adventist Digital Media Group, which ultimately delivered the DVD sermons in 40 languages.
• Installed the first computer network at his office, since IT refused to do it.
Assistant Editor-North Pacific Union; Portland, Oregon, 1992-1999
• Designed an electronic article management system for editors which magazines today pay over $1000 a month to use.
• Brought the layout and design of the GLEANER magazine in house and saved $125K annually.
• Wrote press releases, feature articles, designed magazine covers.
• Produced constituency video reports (the equivalent of annual reports) for NW conferences.
Development/Philanthropy Internship-Portland Adventist Medical Center Oregon, 1991
• Raised $17,000 in 10 weeks for Portland’s Health Van using direct mail, grant writing, and event fund raisers to enhance donor relations and contributions.
International Student Recruiter/Summer Dean—Milo Academy, Southeast Asia Union College, Walla Walla College 1987-1991
• Successful in-home direct sales of 50+ full price, private Christian education tuition packages.
Project Management: City University of Seattle—Masters Graduate PMP Certificate 2007 Estate Planning and Trust Services—La Sierra University intensive course: 2003 Communication: Mass Media, Bachelor of Arts: Business minor— Walla Walla College (University): 1992
Skills & Talents:
Executive Video Producer, Director, Mission Videographer, Sound Designer, Post Production Editor, Event Planner, Illustrator, Layout and Design, Fund Raiser, Stakeholder Care and Donor Relations, Contract Negotiator, Cross-Organizational Collaborator, and Project/Program Manager, Start-to-Finish Marketing Solutions, Strategic Planner.
Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, SoundTrack, After Effects, Motion, Keynote, Powerpoint, MS Office. Adobe InDesign, Quark, Pagemaker, Painter 11, and Adobe Photoshop, Project Management Software.