I am a young professional, recent graduate of San Diego State, looking to advance my career as a film and video editor. I have worked various jobs in the entertainment industry and have a diverse knowledge of film and TV production. I am hard working, dedicated, and eager to pay my dues and work my way up in the industry. I have many qualifications as a video editor, which I demonstrated in my last position as an Assistant Editor and Additional Editor for Dutchmen Films. As a video editor I have comprehensive knowledge of non-linear editing systems including:
• Proficient understanding of Final Cut Studio; Final Cut Pro (v7) DvD Studio Pro, Soundtrack Pro, Motion, After Effects, and Compressor
• Proficient understanding of Adobe CS5; Premier, Encore, and Photoshop
• Comprehensive understanding of post-production workflow; logging and transferring, media management and organization, exporting and compression.
• Custom DVD and Blu Ray Authoring; menus, chapter selection, and bonus material, with DVD Studio Pro and Adobe Encore.
• Proficient knowledge of color correction in Final Cut.
• Basic Sound Editing with Final Cut and Soundtrack Pro, levels, pan, filters, noise reduction etc.
• Proficient knowledge of video effects and filters in Final Cut, Photoshop, Motion and After Effects.
• Green Screen removal in Final Cut and After Effects.
• Comprehensive understanding of most video and audio codec in compressor and adobe media encoder. Experience in exporting for dvd, blu ray, and internet streaming.
• 5.1 Surround Sound encoding.
While pursuing my degree at San Diego State, I crewed on more then ten different film and TV projects. I see myself as a business and task-oriented individual, and have focused my time on producing, editing and directing. As a result I have broad knowledge of the film and television production process. Some of my highlights and qualifications developed at SDSU include:
• Producer on more then ten separate TV and Film projects, developed strong leadership skills in managing crews, actors, scouting and managing locations, allocating funding, and organizing shoots with the San Diego Film Commission
• Producer and Editor for two online web series, Producer and Assistant Director for a 22 minute pilot recorded at the SDSU TV studio, and Producer and Director for a taping of a live stand up comedy act.
• Comprehensive understanding of HD camera setup and operation, lighting, and sound recording
I am a hard working individual, friendly and easy to work with. I am experienced with tough deadlines and I am very used to working under pressure. I have excellent communication skills, and always operate with a positive attitude.
I have been in the industry since 2003.