Creative, results-driven and detail-oriented professional with film writing, producing, directing and editing skills. Experience in journalism, scriptwriting, article writing, AP editing, editing, content editing, and proofreading. Industries I've worked in include news media, entertainment, telecommunications, behavioral health, finance, technology, and in an agency environment.
BACHELOR OF FINE ARTS | 2009 | AMERICAN INTERCONTINENTAL UNIVERSITY
· Major: Media Production
· Related coursework: Scriptwriting, Media Writing, Editing and Post Production II, Producing and Directing.
ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE | 2001 | CITY COLLEGE
· Major: Radio and Television Broadcasting
· Related coursework: Broadcast Journalism, All News Broadcasting, Radio I, II and III, Advertising and Sales
SENIOR DIGITAL CONTENT EDITOR | BEST BUY | MAY 2023 - PRESENT
• Evaluate and review website content and compliance against Best Buy brand and legal standards.
• Facilitate quality assurance of promotional and content updates, and ensure that the online experiences are consistent and on brand.
• Act as a subject matter expert for brand and legal standards with business teams.
• Function as an internal copy expert, working with writers and cross-functionally with category, marketing, and/or product teams.
• Proofread, fact-check, and edit all copy for grammar, brand compliance, brand voice, and other style points.
• Act as a liaison for legal compliance.
• Utilize user experience (UX) principles and perform web writing best practices.
LEAD REFRESH EDITOR | XLMEDIA | MARCH 2022 - DECEMBER 2022
• Led and ran three brands: Greedy Rates, Young and Thrifty, and Dough Roller.
• Supported Content Director to ensure existing content met current quality standards.
• Recreated content from scratch and maintained content update schedule, ensuring all articles were updated regularly.
• Collaborated with the product/brand compliance and affiliate teams to keep all affiliate partner offers up to date and appropriately represented on all sites.
• Controlled schedules and enforced deadlines.
• Assigned articles to writer with updated directions on an article-by-article basis with an eye toward reader experience, best SEO practices, and revenue generation.
• Evaluated finalized copy for compliance with policies, style, and tone.
• Edited incoming articles and made updates live on all sites.
EDITOR | RV DIGITAL STRATEGY AGENCY | JANUARY 2022 - FEBRUARY 2023
• Content/copy edit freelance articles and blogs for company's clients, ensuring brand consistency in the travel space.
• Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
• Proofread and edit spelling, grammar, and syntax.
• Work with a team of writers and provide feedback for requested changes and future improvements.
• Utilize platforms and tools such as WordPress, CoSchedule, Grammarly, Yoast, and Monday.com.
FREELANCE EDITOR | ENTERPRISE ME, LLC | JUNE 2021 - JULY 2022
• Content edited and proofread materials, ensuring proper syntax, grammar, spelling, and brand consistency.
• Optimized content for search engines, including keyword research, writing SEO-focused content, and optimizing images.
• Coordinated with client to maintain consistent voice while removing syntax, grammatical, and spelling problems.
SENIOR EDITOR/PUBLISHER | NEXT LEVEL MARKETING | DECEMBER 2018 – PRESENT
• Edit, proofread, and copy edit all in-house and freelanced articles, blogs, and pages for company’s clients, ensuring brand consistency
• Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources
• Develop content ideas for audience appeal and SEO purposes
• Manage content and freelance writers in Asana
• Optimize content for search engines, including keyword research, writing SEO focused content, and optimizing metadata
• Publish content online using various CMS platforms including WordPress, Magento, SquareSpace and Shopify
• Collaborate with other departments (paid placement, social media, design/dev) to create digital assets
• Write articles, blogs, and service pages for company clients using different voices while maintaining brand consistency
• Work across a wide spectrum of industries, verticals, platforms, and channels
CONTENT MARKETER | CHETU, INC. | MAY 2017 – NOVEMBER 2018
• Conceptualize, create and design pages for on/off-site campaigns and optimization endeavors
• In charge of technology/software industry specific campaigns that garner qualified leads
• Conduct extensive content and image research for campaign web and landing pages
• Create blog posts for company’s website that accompany specific technology/software industry campaigns
• Oversee development team with the design of web and landing pages before publication
• Conduct keyword research for web/landing pages and blogs using Google Adwords and SEMRush, and apply SEO practices
• Edit micro-blogs that accompany campaigns
• Monitor results and page/blog traffic to company’s website using Google Analytics
CONTENT MARKETING MANAGER | BFS CAPITAL | NOVEMBER 2016 – JANUARY 2017
• Managed monthly direct sales newsletters (Capital Connection) distributed to over 60K prospects and over 4K customers using Pardot
• Oversaw creation and direction of content in Capital Connection newsletters
• Performed copywriting and HTML design of Capital Connection newsletters using Adobe Dreamweaver
• Managed blog and freelance writers, including editing and reviewing, posting weekly blog posts using Umbraco, and SEO optimization
• Managed company's social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+), including promoting blog posts and curating daily content for posting using Sprout Social, as well as liaising between public and company
• Monitored and recorded blog post traffic and results using Google Analytics
• Collaborated with designer and freelance writer to create quarterly tent pole piece "Small Business Money Management Guide"
• Created landing page for tent pole piece "Small Business Money Management Guide" using Umbraco
CONTENT EDITOR | WHITE SANDS TREATMENT CENTER | JUNE 2015 – OCTOBER 2016
• Wrote script/transcript for promotional videos
• Co-produced promotional videos for company’s sites and YouTube
• Edited and reviewed content from contracted writers for company’s blogs
• Created blog posts for company’s blogs
• Provided support in SEO article optimization
• Drafted blog posts using WordPress
SEO CONTENT WRITER AND COORDINATOR | QOLOGY DIRECT | MAY 2013 – MARCH 2015
• Impacted the company's DISHTV blogs with TV/film entertainment articles, improving overall presence and traffic
• Possessed complete autonomy in creation and direction of own topics and content for DISHTV blog posts
• Managed team of content writers located in Jamaica which included training writers, editing and reviewing articles
• Managed Social Media accounts for retailer affiliate blogs (Facebook, Google+, Tumblr, Twitter)
• Created copy for authorized AT&T retailer site
• Posted, scheduled and drafted blog posts using WordPress
• Provided support in keyword research and association
• Took charge of optimization of elements such as images, anchor texts and outbound linking
• Tagline creation for authorized retailer sites
VIDEO EDITOR/VIDEOGRAPHER | MIDNINE PRODUCTIONS | FEBRUARY 2009 – APRIL 2015
• Created movies from private events footage
• Wrote, directed and produced short productions
• Provided editing support using Adobe Premiere Pro CS5
• Played key role in multi-camera operations in contracted appointments
• Conducted interviews during events
ASSISTANT EDITOR/REPORTER | NORTH COAST TIMES | DECEMBER 2003 – OCTOBER 2005
• Managed, trained and evaluated employees as head of editorial department
• Created news features each week which translated into profit
• Preferred for human interest, health and entertainment articles
• Proofread pages before print, correcting all grammatical and layout mistakes
• Continuity personnel and Script Supervisor of short film, “Mind Taker” (2011)
• Writer/Director/Editor/Producer of senior student thesis film, “RECKONING” (2009).
• Director/Writer/Producer/Editor of 30 minute documentary, ‘MY NAME IS JEVON!’ (2007) which has aired in The United States, Barbados and Jamaica.
• Camera Operator/Co-director of live-to-tape shoot of American InterContinental University’s annual fashion show (2009).
• Radio Manager of WNEC Thunder 104.3, College Radio Station (City College)
• Creator of own blog “The Big Risk”.
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Cine Jamaica Honor Award recipient for short film, “RECKONING”
• Nominee – Short Film Feature for “RECKONING” in Jamaica Reggae Beach Festival
• “RECKONING” - Official selection at the Delray Beach Film Festival (2010); Acadiana Film Festival (2010); Reggae Beach Film Festival (Jamaica), 2011.
• Recipient of the Joyce M. Huizenga Scholarship, totaling $22,000 (January 2009 - December 2009)
• On Dean's List every semester while attending American InterContinental University (AIU)
• Awarded Student of the Quarter (Spring Term) in Broadcasting Department while attending City College (2000)
• Awarded Student Ambassador in Broadcasting Department while attending City College (2001)
• Appointed first Radio Manager of WNEC Thunder 104.3, College Radio Station while attending City College (2000)
I have been in the industry since 2009.