John Banovich, DGC, CSC, BA Film a seasoned, award winning director & cinematographer with several successful feature films, including the 2017 Brazil int'l Film Festival & 2016 New York Cinema Film Festival "Best Director" for Stolen Path. He recently completed directing/producing a 1 hour wildlife documentary series receiving a 2017 Leo Award. John also has extensive experience in television series, documentaries and reality TV.
What makes him an excellent story teller is his qualifications as an experienced actor & many years as a cinematographer, followed by his understanding of budgets and schedules. Even more so is his ability to execute words off the script from a vision to a believable and tangible performance.
My equipment list includes
- Sony F55 4K production package
- Arri Alexa SXT
- LENSES: Canon 50-1000mm + 600mm + 500mm + 70-200mm + 18-50mm + 11-16mm + standard prime lens package
- Sony A7S MKii
- Canon 5D MKIII + Sony FDR-A1000v 4K Actioncam + various GoPro
- Gearnex gear head
- O'Connor 2575 head & Ronford (Mitchel) standard + baby tripod + HiHat
- Satchler 15SB (100mm) standard & baby tripod
- Heavy hauler Kaiser Jib + Atlas Slider
- DJI Inspire 2 drone
- DJI Mavic Pro drone
Work Samples & additional information:
I have been in the industry since 1991.