Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey Monterrey, México
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Communication Science, 2001.
Univision Television Group (WGBO Univision Chicago)-Chicago, Illinois 2006-Present
News Producer 2007-Present
• Responsible for the production and management of the daily newscast show for Univision Chicago.
• Management of a 25 member production team responsible for choosing, editing and creating content for newscast including story ideas, scripts, on air graphics and on air video.
• Developed a complete social media strategy for Univision Chicago, including Facebook, Twitter and SMS campaigns, which upon completion doubled the amount of followers in less than a year.
• Continuous communication with government and private entities spokesperson to ensure their message is delivered correctly.
• Explore and execute innovative ways of presenting news to attract and sustain viewership.
• Consistently achieving the #1 and #2 newscast based on general market rating in the Chicago viewing area.
• iNews, Avid, Harris Systems, Velocity and Final Cur Pro proficient.
Chief News Editor and Photographer 2006-2007
• Managed the editing department to ensure newscast video effectively portrayed reporters’ and producers’ objectives.
• Worked as a field photographer creating compelling shots used to illustrate newscast stories.
Piel Morena Contemporary Dance-Chicago, Illinois (Nonprofit Organization) 2009-Present
• Executed marketing strategies to build brand equity and enhance company exposure via Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Function as Press Officer increasing company awareness in Chicago local media outlets.
• Designed website for company (www.pielmorena.org), edited company videos and promotional kits.
• Create all marketing campaigns including press kits, informational packets and collateral material.
Solid Waste Solutions-Evanston, Illinois 2005-2006
• Conducted waste audits at customers’ sites and analyzed all aspects of the company’s waste generation and management, including commercial, medical, electronic and business waste.
• Produced video and photographic documentation to create strategies that helped clients reduce, reuse and recycle waste.
• Generated Waste Audit Reports that summarized findings as well as outlined a waste management plan to lessen the environmental and economic impact to clients and society.
Rumores Produccciones-Monterrey, México 2002 – 2004
• Produced a successful Mexican sitcom that aired weekly for 4 seasons (60 episodes).
• Managed a technical production team to attain perfect execution of set design, lighting and sound.
• Coordinated video, audio and music editors to ensure consistency with producer’s and director’s vision.
• Responsible for securing each episode was created, produced and aired on a budget of $15,000USD.
Accolades and Recognitions
• 2011 Emmy Award Nominee, Outstanding Achievement for News Gathering ¨Blizzard 2011
• 2010 Emmy Award Nominee, Best Non-news story “The Struggle for Immigration Reform”.
• 2009 Emmy Award Nominee, Best news coverage “Obama Inauguration”.
• 2009 Peter Lisagor Award winner for Best Breaking News Coverage “Floods in Chicago”.
• Native Spanish speaker; fluent in English.
• 100% knowledge of computer software: OS X, Windows, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, MS Office, iWeb, Fireworks, Sound Booth, Encore, After Effects.