Writer, Director, Producer, Researcher & Advertiser.
Originally from Argentina, Florencia is also Mexican and American by adoption. She holds a BA in Political Science from Buenos Aires University, and a MFA in filmmaking from Maine Media College.
• The Marching Quixotes, 81 minutes. (2016). Vision Du Reels Film Market 2017 , Guadalajara Film
Market 2017, Guanajuato Film Festival 2017.
• Back Dad´s Home Experimental Short. Graduation Film, Maine Media College. (2016).
• ArgenChina award of merit at Best Shorts, (2013).
• As Usual Bill. Short. LA International Short Film Festival (2011)
• As Man Thinketh, Short. Co-directed Crossroads Delta Film Festival in Mississippi. (2009)
• Bird Sounds, which also won 1st prize at the Corto Cinema Film Festival in Mexico City (2006),
Morelia Film Festival (2006)
• Digna Merced, which won 1st prize at the Crystal Screen in Mexico City (2005).
• Violeta, feature length script, part of the Kino Magdalena, Sonora, Writer’s Residency October
• Cumbia Calea, was selected to be part of a year program, The Drama Writer’s Lab 2016, at the
Casa de Artes, San Agustin Etla, Oaxaca, Mexico.
• Chapina short script, won 2nd place at Yosemite Film Festival (2016), finalist at Manhattan Short
Film Festival (2016) and won first prize at West Field Screenwriting Awards, (2016).
• Navidad (Christmas) short premiered at the Cinequest Film Festival (2015), and continued
screening at the Sunscreen Film Festival in Florida, as well as at the Guanajuato Film Festival in
Mexico, won the award of merit (2015) at BestShorts on two categories, Women Filmmakers,
and Latin / Hispanic, Film Short (2015)
• La Buena Pipa, was finalist at Latino Lens / Nalip (2015).
• Where the Babies come from? Finalist at the Havana International Film Festival, (2006).
• Love, Happiness and other stupid things, finalist at the Havana International Film Festival,
Florencia was a Nalip fellow attending the Latino Producer Academy in 2009, and a fellow at the Jewish Federation Fellowship, attending a TA-LA Master class in Israel.
I have been in the industry since 2009.