Former political fundraiser turned elementary school teacher.
Mills College Oakland, CA Jan. 2010 - May 2012
• Master’s in Teaching, emphasis in Early Childhood Education.
Seattle University Seattle, WA Sept. 2000 - Dec 2006
• Bachelor of Arts Degree with a Political Science Major.
Georgetown University Washington, DC Jan. 2003 - May 2003
• Scholar in the Washington Experience Program.
American University Washington, DC Aug. 2002 - Dec. 2002
• Washington Semester Program attendee. Served as a research assistant for Political Science professor.
Contra Costa Jewish Day School Lafayette, CA May 2012 - Current
• Served as a guest teacher in grades K-8.
• Created curriculum for 7th
grade Language Arts classes.
• Worked with fellow teachers providing after care to children in pre-K – 8th
age/developmentally appropriate activities.
Mills College Children’s School Oakland, CA Aug. 2011 - Jan. 2012
• Served as a teacher in the Afternoon Preschool Classroom (ages 2-5).
• Responsibilities included crafting curriculum and documenting student progress and development.
Hillside Elementary School San Leandro, CA Sep. 2010 - June 2011
• Student Teacher in a 4/5 combination classroom and a 3rd
grade classroom for one semester each.
• Planned and executed over 15 full take over days, which included one field trip for the entire 3rd
Tacoma Public Schools Tacoma, WA Dec. 2009 - Current (Holidays & Summers)
• Served as the main receptionist for the third largest school district in Washington State.
• Served as a substitute throughout the Human Resources Department with tasks ranging from filing, records,
preparing presentation materials, processing applications and transfers, and other duties as needed.
DelBene for Congress Bellevue, WA Jan. 2009 - Dec. 2009
• Worked as scheduler on a Congressional campaign.
• Coordinated the candidate’s schedule as well as attended community meetings, liaised with community
leaders, and ensured the campaign ran smoothly and on time.
Washington Governor’s Commission on National and Community Service (May 2005 – December 2009)
• Commission member
• Member, Grant Review Subcommittee
Young Democrats of Washington (March 2006 - April 2007)
• President, Organization with over 800 members and 25 active chapters.
• Executed statewide convention with a budget of over $20,000 and 300 participants.
City of Tacoma- Human Services Commission (March 2006 – December 2007)
• Corresponding Secretary
City of Tacoma- Charter Review Committee (January 2004 – July 2004)
• Chair, Subcommittee on Human Resources
I have been in the industry since 2000.