• 23 years in the video industry creating 3000+ multi-camera productions; 10 years of governmental service and 7 years of commercial and corporate production experience.
• Current position includes successful technical direction and engineering of webcasts, studio, and on-location video/event productions.
• Clients served include CEO, CFO and global business leaders of the following Fortune 50 companies: GM, Dow Chemical and Chrysler.
• Expert in professional roles including technical director/director, certified Newtek Tricaster operator and virtual set creator, producer, camera operator, audio operator editor, writer, graphic designer and grip for live and recorded broadcast programming.
• Manages tasks, teams and projects successfully with a keen sense of quality.
• Progressive experience at every industry level from government access cable to corporate media production.
• Executes a strengths-based management style and solutions-based techniques.
TVS Communications Solutions | Troy, MI
Production Engineer, Technical Director & EIC | December 2012 – Current
Primary Engineer: facilitating active on-location and in-studio schedule which includes all multi-camera events, satellite media tours and live event productions for TVS clients. 100+ projects successfully facilitated since December 2012.
• Oversees the technical quality of all aspects of a production utilizing personal experience, training and certified expertise in the field.
• Ability to manage complex technical production with multiple signal flows for both projection, recording and live broadcast destinations.
• Go-to resource for consultation on video production engineering, webcast productions and overall best-practices in video production.
• Leader and mentor of crews onsite and in the field.
• Jan 2013: North American Auto Show – Production Engineer, Tech Consultant, Webcast Engineer, Engineer in
Charge for all crews onsite at show; 2014 Corvette Stingray reveal – Engineer in Charge
• Feb 2013: Ram Truck reveal – Webcast Engineer; Jeep SRT media reveal – Video Engineer, Camera Tech
• May 2013: Movement Electronic Music Festival, Detroit - Webcast Engineer and Technical Director
• July 2013: DSO Summer Concert Series – Technical Director
• Oct 2013: Square.com Webcast, Let’s Talk Detroit – Webcast Engineer and Technical Director
• Nov 2013: Allied Bank Internal Webcast – Webcast Engineer
CLIENTS: GM, Chrysler, Quicken, Amway, BCBS of MI, Detroit Technofestival, CNBC, Fox Business, CCTV
PROFICIENCIES : Tricaster XD Series | Grass Valley switcher systems | various JVC SD and HD cameras | various Sony SD
and HD cameras | Avid | Final Cut Pro |Adobe Premiere | Microsoft Office Suite | Digital Asset Management CERTIFICATIONS: Newtek Tricaster Certification (2012) and Fiber Optic cable construction and termination (2013) EDUCATION 1990-1994 Calvin College | Grand Rapids, MI | Concentration in Journalism and Broadcast Television
1997-2013 SAMPLE OF RELEVANT MAJOR MEDIA/LIVE EVENT EXPERIENCE
• Engineer-in-Charge| General Motors live webcast of 2014 Corvette Stingray launch
• Technical Director/LiveSet designer CNN & CNBC satellite interview | The Dow Chemical Company
• Live Pledge Drive Broadcast Inserts | Detroit Public Television (local PBS affiliate)
• Local Public Affairs/News Shows | Detroit Public Television (local PBS affiliate)
• “B” Camera Operator | MTV “Made” reality show series
• Camera Operator/Audio VH-1 | Behind the Music: Ted Nugent
• AC/Audio/PA ABC's Good Morning America | NCAA Women's Final Four
• Crew ABC World News Tonight & CBS News | Several local news packages
• AC/Audio/PA HBO | Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel
• Camera Operator/Audio/PA Court TV | Multiple Documentaries
COMPREHENSIVE EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
AVI SPL on-site at The Dow Chemical Company | Midland, MI
Technical Director, Webcast Administrator & Video Engineer | July 2010-December 2012
• Lead Technical Director for the Studio 2020 webcast team, which is utilized for all Dow webcasts and video/event productions.
• Webcast Administrator using MediaPlatform software and Flash Media Encoder.
• Assistant XSAN Administrator for audio/video storage used on multiple Mac platforms.
• LiveSet designer using Newtek Tricaster XD850.
• General Video Engineer for Studio 2020’s production specialists, camera operators, and editors.
• Post-production support for Dow Chemical’s external advertising agencies.
I am very proud of the work I did at this position. In 2012, my team successfully produced 190 live webcasts and corporate events. As Lead Technical Director, I maintained technical quality and control over many groups, from editors to streaming engineers.
Detroit Public Television (PBS Affiliate) | Detroit, MI
Video Production Specialist January - July 2010
• Technical Director, Media Operator, Camera Operator, and Audio Operator for various local PBS productions, including Am I Right? and American Black Journal.
• Projects include live pledge drive inserts during programming & taped shows both in-studio and remote.
City of Troy Community Affairs | Troy, MI
Community Affairs Officer & Station Manager January 1999-March 2009
• Responsible for all production elements from concept to completion for over 200 city television programs annually, including sports events, city meetings, on- and off-site environments, community gatherings, promotional campaigns, topic-focused shows, public service announcement packages to internal staff and resident presentations.
• Expert video, broadcast graphics, bumpers, transition generation, photographical and written content generation skills for web, presentations and video.
• Supervised crew members in live and taped productions.
• Executed a tapeless media plan and web video archive system for Planning Commission meetings, Board of Zoning
Appeals meetings, and City Council meetings.
• Expert level designing and customizing A/V systems, streaming video to the web and broadcast output.
• Initiated mobile production truck purchase, supervising design, installation and ongoing maintenance.
In this position, I was able to gain a significant amount of supervisory experience. I was in charge of 4-5 part time employees, schedule their time, train them, maintain quality control over their work and help them grow their skills. One of the greatest career achievements came during my time here: I was in charge of budgeting and engineering the station’s capabilities from the ground up, replacing obsolete technology with future-ready equipment.
I have been in the industry since 1990.