Resourceful and confident Administrative Specialist with extensive experience providing Executive and Human Resources Department support in fast-paced professional service environments. Demonstrated skill in coordinating conferences, projects, meetings, and travel itineraries. Known for ability to balance needs of management, provide excellent customer service, and maintain confidentiality and schedules with ease. Utilizes strong organizational, planning, and communication skills towards improving operational efficiency. Key areas of expertise include:
• SAP Applications • Meeting & Event Coordination
• Travel Planning • Expense Reporting & Reconciliation
• Calendar / Schedule Management • Human Resources Administration
• Advanced Functions: Power Point, Word, Excel, and Outlook
YAHOO!, Santa Monica, CA 2006 - 2012
Executive Assistant, Special Events Coordinator: Entertainment Sales
Provided executive level office and administrative support to VP and his 20+ directs with responsibility for multiple administrative duties including preparation of expense reports; travel arrangements (both domestic and international); scheduling; video conferencing, Webex, Adobe Connnect set-up; and dial-in conference calls.
• Supported department by organizing and executing moves, on-boarding and exits, and off-site teams of 100+, as well as exclusively overseeing executive needs, ensuring a seamless and time-sensitive process.
• Resolved facilities issues in an expedited fashion while maintaining financial restraint in lines with Company policy.
• Utilized superior relationship building skills to successfully foster relationships with EAs within both Y! Corporate offices and across top Silicon Valley executive offices which contributed to valuable networking and collaborative partnerships.
• Conducted analysis and interpretation of data to identify areas for improvement, then recommended specific and actionable solutions designed to address issues and increase operational efficiencies.
• Oversaw all Santa Monica branch special events and managed budget, meeting corporate objectives while maintaining fiscal responsibility and contributing to overall productivity.
WALT DISNEY PARKS & RESORTS, HUMAN RESOUR CES, Burbank, CA 2003 - 2006
Human Resources Consultant (H.R.C.) & Assistant to VP, Human Resources
Managed the flow of all HR transaction paperwork related to hiring, changes, adjustments, corrective action, and termination through SAP to EAS.
• Ensured that paperwork was completed properly and in a timely manner while meeting systems requirements and maintaining strict confidentiality.
• Maintained a positive working environment through effective employee relationship building, serving as a role model for access to management and champion of diversity.
• Organized off-sites bi-monthly for Executive VP and her 12 direct reports, while managing 2-person office responsible for 60 corporate clients on studio lot in Burbank, CA.
818.468.9141 Page 2
WALT DISNEY CONSUMER PRODUCTS, HUMAN RESOURCES, Burbank, CA 1998 - 2003
HR Assistant to Director, Leadership & Organizational Development
Managed calendar, expense reports, travel, and meeting schedules for fast paced Human Resources Executive and 3 Human Resource Managers. Completed essential administrative tasks including typing correspondence, organizing files, and screening and directing phone calls.
• Handled multiple tasks frequently with short time-lines, prioritizing and organizing work and completing assignments in a timely, accurate manner, utilizing advanced functions of Power Point, Word, Excel, and Outlook scheduling.
HEEN ENTERPRISES / THE MANHATTAN TRANSFER, Los Angeles, CA 1995 - 1998
Assistant to Manager of The Manhattan Transfer (Grammy award-winning jazz vocal group.)
Assisted Group Manager with all phases of tour management and preparation including producing tour and travel itineraries, writing correspondence, and oversight of office while manager and group were on tour.
• Managed all press materials including writing biographies and press releases.
• Arranged album and tour press.
• Acted as liaison between manager and promoters, agents, and talent buyers; effectively handling time-sensitive and confidential projects.
• Recognized for successful contributions by being granted Assistant Producer credit on “SWING” LP.
Bachelor of Science (BS), Management & Technology
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND, UNIVERSITY COLLEGE, College Park, MD
UMUC Alumni Association: Member
CERTIFICATIONS / ACCOMPLISHMENTS
American Red Cross Certified CPR, Triage and Emergency First Aid Floor ERT (2006 – present)