New to the D.C. Recently moved from Los Angeles where I have worked in the production industry for past 3-4 years as an Assistant Unit Production Manager, Production Coordinator, Visual Effects Editor, and Production Assistant. Seeking opportunities in similar work fields.
SCOTT B. ENGLISH
4848 Los Feliz Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90027 ♦ 410.897.7004 ♦ firstname.lastname@example.org
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sbenglish ♦ www.imdb.com/name/nm5091315/
Driven and detail-oriented professional with more than five years of experience in project management and coordination,
with an emphasis on accounting and finance. Successful working in fast-paced environments with demonstrated ability to
prioritize and responsibly execute a wide variety of projects to meet deadlines and business objectives. Quick learner and
enthusiastic to contribute. Strong interpersonal skills with experience supporting senior leadership and leading teams.
• Budgeting and Forecasting
• Accounts Payable and Receivable
• Payroll and Staffing Allocation
• Financial Analysis and Reporting
• Accounting Software including Deltek, Peachtree
• Analysis and Problem Solving with STATA and R
• Organization and Time Management
• Written and Verbal Communication
• Meeting Planning and Scheduling
• Project Management with Oracle Software
• Microsoft Office Suite, Advanced User of Excel
• Fielding Calls and Managing Calendars
• Online and Traditional Research
• Customer / Client Service
• Web Development using Macromedia Studio MX,
• Design using Adobe Suite, Bridge, Story Plus,
Premier and Final Cut Pro
TEKsystems, Hanover, MD March 2016 - Present
Business Operations Associate
• Manage customer accounts, including invoicing, PO tracking, account resolution and client issue mitigation.
• Govern total accounts receivable with an aging of $3.5 - $5 million
• Partnership with Project Analysts to ensure streamlined operations internally and with client.
• Gather and present necessary data to assist Management with account specific decisions.
• Serve as subject matter expert for field offices and operational support group on client billing and payment policies.
• Audit accounts to ensure detail using software such as Oracle, PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office, Ariba Management Suite,
OnBase and TungstenNetwork.
Bocchetta & Sons Builders & Re-modelers, Severna Park, MD July 2013 – Feb. 2016
• Presided over accounts payable, petty cash, receipts and invoices and payroll for 150-200 projects yearly and staff
members at one of Maryland’s leading construction companies.
• Created Computer-Aided Design (CAD) illustrations to present to clients. Personally managed site staff and oversaw
execution for multiple concurrent projects to ensure client’s expectations were met.
• Worked as full-time support while attending UMBC to complete degree program.
• Fulfilled supply orders and coordinate deliveries.
Cartoon Network, Los Angeles, CA Mar. 2012 – Apr. 2013
“The Annoying Orange,” Season 2 Asst. Unit Production Manager and Art Dept. Coordinator
• Partnered with Unit Production Manager, Producers and First Assistant Director on script breakdowns to prepare for
production schedules. Supervised progress through daily progress reports, call sheets and scheduling documents.
• Organized and managed all budgets, location shoots, travel plans and accommodations, including complex
arrangements for large numbers of staff and senior leaders.
• Governed petty cash accounts and responsible for all reimbursements.
• Accountable for documenting expenses, research, meta-tagging footage, digital files and additional assets.
• Delegated tasks, ensured cooperation amongst crew and assigned jobs to staff. Mentored and managed multiple
production assistants, enabling them to assume additional responsibilities.
“The Annoying Orange,” Season 1 Production Assistant and Visual Effects Artist
• Supported overall production of the show: set up computers, prepared for meetings and craft services.
• Responsible for researching, locating and purchasing specific items for production.
• Personally designed and built sets based on storyboards.
• Composited images, rendering and matting and assisted with art, construction, props and camera department.
• Filmed and documented 'Behind the Scenes' footage using Canon 60D & 5D.
ABC-TV, Los Angeles, CA Mar. 2011 – Oct. 2011
“Body of Proof,” Season 2 Art Department Coordinator
• Supported Accounting Department with management of purchase orders, creation of expense and budgeting reports
for Art Department and managing all credit cards and petty cash.
• Handled set-decoration, wardrobe, locations, research and supply access.
• Worked with legal department regarding clearance and copyright agreements.
NBCUNIVERSAL, INC., Los Angeles, CA July 2010 – Jan. 2011
“Law & Order: LA,” Season 1 Production Assistant
• Worked with Production Designer, Art Director, Set Designer and Art Department Coordinator to document and file
inventory of daily footage and distribute blueprints, director’s plans and other pertinent information.
• Organized Production Designers’ episodic files, calendar, location reports, scripts and correlation, drawings and plans.
• Purchased Art Department needs related to props, set decoration and construction.
University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD Winter 2015
Bachelors of Science, Financial Economics