Michael Brooks at a glance:
• Award winning short filmmaker.
• 10 years experience directing and editing drama’s, documentaries, music videos, short films and features.
• Five years experience directing corporate videos (clients include Tesco, Nestle, McDonalds, The Deputy Prime Minster's Office).
• Additional credits include Producer & 1st Assistant director, 2nd AD and Camera Assistant.
• Full editing suite equipped for Offline & Online editing - Final Cut, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, 2x Macs & 1x PC.
• 1st class degree In Broadcast and Production from Ravensbourne
• Three A-Levels, One AVCE (worth two A-levels).
• Clean Driving License.
• Fully CRB/DBS checked.
• Examples of my work can be seen at my website.
I’m a London based filmmaker with ten years experience Directing, Editing and Producing short films, music videos and corporate promos. I am an incredibly focused and determined individual who will stop at nothing to achieve his dreams of directing high quality and imaginative film and television content.
I took my degree at Ravensbourne, where I received a 1st in Broadcast Operations and Film Production, BA. Upon graduating I was immediately hired to direct corporate promos for an agency in London. Since then I have worked with companies like Tesco, HSBC, Transport For London, The Deputy Prime Minster's Office, and many other large firms on promotional/ campaign videos.
With several years professional experience I went freelance to pursue a greater variety of projects and to independently produce my own films. During this time I have earned a living directing corporate videos or working as a Producer, 1st and 2nd Assistant director, 2nd Camera Assistant, and Editor on numerous music videos, promos, and shorts. Recently I was hired to be assembly editor at the prestigious Three Mills Studio on a feature that will be released in cinemas nationwide early 2017, as well as a project for Sony Interactive.
I have been lucky enough to work with people like Tiny Tempah, Danny Jon Jules and Ray Winston throughout my career and regularly collaborate with a number of industry professionals such as Nirpal Bhogal (the director of Channel 4's 'Misfits' and 2011's "Sket") and Rob Savage (2013 Screen International Star of Tomorrow, BFI Future Film Award winner). I have won awards for my films and had a premiere for my boxing short sponsored, promoted and attended by two world champion boxers (twice World Heavy Weight Champion Tim Witherspoon, and European Middleweight Champion Herol Graham). I have recently finished my latest film Financial Crisis which will premiering in the 2016/17 film festival circuit, and have several very exciting films in development - including my debut feature film.