John Donica is a professional cinematographer/director based in Tokyo. Founder of SomniumFilm studio. He works on documentary and fiction films, music videos, commercials, narrative videos.
He have been to many international film festivals and have been awarded for:
- Nominated for the 2019 European Press Prize shortlist with ‘The Drums of Democracy‘
- “Moments of silence” – Best directing at DocuArtFest, Romania 2017.
- Winner at International Documentary Film Festival Moldova 2013 “Cronograf” with film “At the edge of the forest”
- Best Director at the MIFEC Film festival in Porto.
- 1st place at the photography contest “Beyond words” organized by the “Punkt” magazine 2009.
- 2011 * Winner in the category “Fine Art Nude” at 1x Photo Awards 2011
- 1st place at LED photo contest, organized by LED (Liechtenstein Development Service) in Moldova 2012
He is open for new collaborations and projects in Japan and all other the world.
I have been in the industry since 2010.