Deep background in broadcast television production, I offer a unique skill set:
Marketing & Promotions Consultation
Broadcast business consulting
From producing for a national cable news network, to leading an NBC Owned & Operated newsroom, I’ve accumulated deep and diverse media connections representing all media platforms. This combination of extraprofessional relationships and real-world editorial and creative execution here in the Boston market, and elsewhere in New England, gives me a unique skill set that can embellish your productions.
Before my move here to Avid about a year ago, I managed local creative teams for NBC, FOX and Cox. Incorporating my editorial background into research-driven marketing plans, I’ve been a leader in local broadcast digital marketing, leading multiple successes over the last several years.
As Vice President of Marketing at WFXT, Boston 25, I’ve been at the vanguard of social media strategizing in the broadcast industry. A big part of my success in the media space has come from the multi-platform campaigns I’ve put together; hyper-targeted Facebook campaigns, pre-roll campaigns, tap-to-app campaigns and many more. It’s a strategy that continues to evolve as social media itself evolves. This combination of digital marketing and more traditional creative platforms contributed to multiple successes over the last several years:
• Managed staff of twelve creative and design professionals while overseeing multi-million-dollar marketing budget.
• Led day-to-day and long-term development and execution of station branding and promotional strategies in a collaborative environment with news and sales leadership teams.
• Transformed traditional broadcast marketing model to a cost-effective social media strategy incorporating targeted campaigns on multiple digital platforms resulting in large increases in web/app visits, page/video views.
• Executed marketing campaigns that contributed to building local TV brand with largest social media reach in the Boston-Manchester DMA on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Developed marketing campaign that contributed to growing Facebook “likes” to 851,000 and made large gains on all social sites.
• Executed promotional strategies that contributed to multi-year ratings highs in all newscasts from February - July 2016.
• Re-organized marketing workflow with producer cross-training to increase content output on multiple platforms without additional headcount.
• Editorial and creative leader of all promotional copy and production
• Prepared and presented departmental budget and business plan annually to corporate leadership
• Station public relations lead managing all external communications and releases
• Developed partnerships with local media and sports franchises
• Negotiated contracts with managers, producers, vendors and partners.
These accomplishments are all the result of a unique skill set; dynamic, forward-thinking leadership in the local broadcast and cable media space. Unlike most candidates you’ll see, I have executive team-level experience in news, promotions, marketing and sales.
I have been in the industry since 1989.