I've been in the production business since 1986, independent since 1990, based in the Metro Atlanta area. I have extensive travel experience, having worked in 49 US states and 28 other countries. I came up on the television & video side of the business. I own my small sound equipment package, and I currently do the following types of production work:
* small-to-mid scale commercial and promo pieces;
* news/doc and longer-form documentary (with lots of experience around VIPs and celebrities);
* sports news (with lots of experience around pro athletes);
* corporate/institutional/industrial video (with lots of experience around executives and CEOs);
* smaller multi-camera events, whether live or for edit;
* some types of scripted production;
* smaller scaled and (only!) positive-toned reality shows.
I prefer these days to work in the Southeastern US, but I'll certainly consider farther travel. I am an individual freelancer, I just operate through my small company for legal and billing reasons.
We have been in the industry since 1986.