An interview from the 2019 National Association of Broadcasters Convention in Las Vegas with Steve Forde of Adobe. Adobe Systems is a computer software company which has historically focused upon the creation of multimedia and creativity software products, such as Creative Cloud which gives you all of the Adobe video tools, along with industry-leading design, web, and photography apps. In this interview Patrick talks with us about the next major releases of Adobe's Video and Audio Tools, including new features and enhancements that accelerate motion graphics workflows, audio cleanup, color grading, character animation, 180° VR, and overall performance across applications.
Available today, new features include ground-breaking Content-Aware Fill for video, powered by Adobe Sensei, the company's artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning technology, along with new capabilities for titles and graphics, crafting animations, refining audio mixing, and organizing and preparing project media. Some of the hundreds of performance improvements include faster Mask Tracking for effects and color workflows, dual GPU optimization and improved hardware acceleration for HEVC and H.264 formats in Premiere Pro. In After Effects, enhancements include GPU-accelerated effects, such as Change Color and Roughen Edges.
New features in today’s release enable users to:
• Remove unwanted objects automatically with Content-Aware Fill in After Effects—Formerly Project Cloak, Content-Aware Fill for video is powered by Adobe Sensei and automates the process of removing visual elements like boom mics, signs, logos and even people from footage, saving hours of tedious manual work.
• Organize and storyboard your media in the Freeform Project panel in Premiere Pro—Arrange assets visually and save layouts for shot selects, production tasks, brainstorming story ideas, and assembly edits.
• Design with precision and consistency with Rulers and Guides—Work with familiar Adobe design tools inside Premiere Pro, making it easier to align titling, animate effects, and ensure consistency across deliverables.
• Polish audio easily and efficiently with Punch and Roll in Audition—The new feature provides efficient production workflows in both Waveform and Multitrack for longform recording, including voiceover and audiobook creators.
• Surprise viewers in Twitch Live-Streaming Triggers with Character Animator Extension—Livestream performances are enhanced where audiences engage with characters in real-time with on-the-fly costume changes, impromptu dance moves, and signature gestures and poses—a new way to interact and even monetize using Bits to trigger actions.
• Generate an audio mix with Auto Ducking for ambient sound in Audition and Premiere Pro—Powered by Adobe Sensei, Auto Ducking now allows for dynamic adjustments to ambient sounds against spoken dialog. Keyframed adjustments can be manually fine-tuned to retain creative control over a mix.
• Add visual variety—Adobe Stock now offers an extensive collection of 10 million professional-quality, curated, royalty-free HD and 4K video footage and Motion Graphics templates from leading agencies and independent editors to use for editorial content, establishing shots or filling gaps in a project.
• From shoot to showtime—Premiere Rush, introduced late last year, offers an efficient mobile-to-desktop workflow integrated with Premiere Pro for on-the-go editing and video assembly. Built-in camera functionality in Premiere Rush helps you take pro-quality video on your mobile devices.