An interview from the 2023 IBC Show in Amsterdam with Nils de Montgrand of Rosco. Founded in 1910, Rosco is a leader in products for the architecture, entertainment, film & television, and photography industries. Best known for lighting filters, the company offers product lines in more than a dozen categories, including LED fixtures, dichroic glass filters, lighting effects equipment, fog and haze machines, flooring, green & blue screen paint and backdrops for film, television and broadcast.
At IBC 2023, Rosco debuted a prototype of the all-new DMG LION™ LED Fresnel. This powerful, 13-inch, 1,500-watt fixture will be the newest member of Rosco’s DMG Lighting range of fixtures for the film, TV, and broadcast industries. When developing the DMG LION, Rosco’s mission was simple – build a Fresnel and do it well. The result is a state-of-the-art fixture that replicates the look and feel of the illumination generated by the classic tungsten Fresnel, but with all of the versatility LED technology provides.
• Two easily interchangeable chipsets that can be swapped out in less than 60 seconds, without any tools:
• A chipset that features Rosco’s patented MIX® Technology to provide full-spectrum output that matches the other fixtures in Rosco’s DMG Lighting range.
• A SWITCH™ chipset that produces a powerful, bi-color output with a color temperature range of 2700K-6500K.
• A 13-inch lens that produces a powerful large beam and crisp shadows.
• Rugged, outdoor-rated housing that is engineered for dependable performance in all weather conditions.
For more information please visit: www.Lion.Rosco.com